Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lynndie England Blames Media

Remember Lynndie England, the Pug (as in the dog) faced woman made famous for appearing in the Iraqi Prison torture pictures? Seems she is feeling remorseful, admits that those photographs probably contributed to increased insurgent violence and anti-American feelings in Iraq. The bad news, she is not repentant in the least, does not hold herself responsible. When question about the incident by a German reporter she replied:

"I guess after the picture came out the insurgency picked up and Iraqis attacked the Americans and the British and they attacked in return and they were just killing each other. I felt bad about it ... no, I felt pissed off. If the media hadn't exposed the pictures to that extent, then thousands of lives would have been saved,"

and

"Yeah, I took the photos but I didn't make it worldwide. Yes, I was in five or six pictures and I took some pictures, and those pictures were shameful and degrading to the Iraqis and to our government,"

Lynndie England has taken "It's not my fault" to a whole new level.

No comments: